Awful Arthur’s Crab-Lobster Bisque
4 oz. Butter, unsalted
1 ea. Large onion, roughly chopped
1 ea. Medium carrot, peeled, roughly chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1½ Tbsp. Paprika
½ Tbsp. Awful Arthur’s Crab Spice (or Old Bay)
2/3 Cup All-purpose flour
1 Quart Clam juice
1 tsp. Tabasco Sauce …(or more to taste)
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1 Pint Heavy Cream
to taste Black pepper, freshly cracked
6 oz. Backfin crabmeat, picked through
4 oz. Lobster meat, cooked, and diced
1 oz. Dry Sherry
1. Melt the butter and sauté the onions, carrots, and garlic until tender.
2. Add the paprika and Awful Arthur’s Crab Spice and cook for 1 min.
3. Add the flour to make a roux and cook 1-2 mins, stirring constantly.
4. Add the clam juice, Tabasco, Worcestershire, and heavy cream, whisking well to incorporate the roux. Bring to a boil and turn off the heat.
5. Purée in batches in a blender and season to taste with the black pepper.
6. Add the crabmeat , lobster, and Sherry, and mix well.
7. Serve with freshly chopped parsley.