4 rockfish filets
6 red potatoes (cooked halfway ahead of time, cooled, sliced into ¼ inch thick slices)
½ red onion sliced
5 artichoke hearts cut in half
10 asparagus stalks (blanched – short boil then ice)
½ cup sliced roasted red pepper
16 Kalamata olives
½ cup chicken broth
2 Tbsp. capers
2 Tbsp. chopped flat leaf parsley
1 tsp. freah grated lemon zest
2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
1. Heat a sautee pan with 3 tbl. of vegetable oil (not olive oil) on medium high heat. When slight smoke emits from pan the oil is hot enough to sear.
2. Season rockfish with salt & pepper then carefully place in sautee pan skin side up. When the fish is light brown & crispy carefully flip over and reduce heat to medium-low cook until done and set aside (2-3 minutes per side).
3. While fish finishes heat another pan with oil over med-high heat until slightly smoking.
4. Brown one side of the sliced potatoes then turn over the potatoes and add red onions, asparagus (cut into 1 inch pieces), roasted red peppers, Kalmata olives, artichokes, and add salt and pepper to taste.
5. In the pan that the fish was sauteed, prepare the sauce by boiling chicken broth and adding the capers, extra virgin olive oil and the gremolata (see below) then cut off the heat immediately.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste then serve. **
GREMOLATA – mix together parsley, garlic and grated fresh lemon zest in a small bowl.